Welcome to this month's website edition...Visit Our Blog... Step Up for 2016 HLAA Walk4Hearing: Walk4HearingDeaf Education URGENTLY Needs Your Help!! URGENTThis website is designed to support YOU with your hearing difficulties! Enjoy this May 2016 edition! ** We welcome any comments to our articles that will help other readers. Please use the 'Post a comment' boxes! **CLICK here for readers' Points of View: Points of View CLICK here for Ask The Doc...: Ask The Doc...CLICK here for HLAA State and Chapter Development Blog: State & Chapter Development BlogKeep up to date! "Aging America and Hearing Loss: The PCAST Report" PCAST
We invite you to watch this video to learn about who we are and what we can do for you: Video
Twelve Reasons Why Self-Help Groups Are Good For You...
* Provide a community of people with hearing loss who understand and are empathic to your unique problems.
* Help you deal with the issues of hearing loss stigma.
* Will help you understand your legal rights as a person with a hearing loss.
* Will teach you coping and communication strategies.
* Will help you adjust and communicate your needs in a “hearing” workplace.
* Will share technologies beyond your hearing aids that will enhance your ability to function in the world.
* Will educate you on technologies and strategies for ensuring your safety.
* Will show you how to stay tuned into family conversations.
* Will suggest strategies for communicating in noisy situations.
* Will show you how to accommodate your hearing loss while traveling.
* Will empower you through exchange of knowledge, encouragement and the sharing of experiences.
* Will alleviate the despair and isolation of hearing loss through their support.
So What's In It For Me?
* Opportunity to participate in hearing loss issues.
* Information such as Hearing Loss Magazine
* Discounts on many items.
* Participation in activities involving hearing loss.
* Local effort is designed to bring educational programs which will enhance your communication skills.
Please CLICK this link to read about Member Benefits: Member Benefits
Information disseminated by HLAA and its chapters do not necessarily reflect its views or policies, nor should its mention of, or failure to mention, any services, products, or organizations be considered an endorsement or derogation of any such service, products, or organization.