Welcome to this website edition for October 2016
Our Chapter in Action At Flaget Community Health And Wellness Fair Recently
* Provide a community of people with hearing loss who understand and are empathic to your unique problems.
* Help you deal with the issues of hearing loss stigma.
* Will help you understand your legal rights as a person with a hearing loss.
* Will teach you coping and communication strategies.
* Will help you adjust and communicate your needs in a “hearing” workplace.
* Will share technologies beyond your hearing aids that will enhance your ability to function in the world.
* Will educate you on technologies and strategies for ensuring your safety.
* Will show you how to stay tuned into family conversations.
* Will suggest strategies for communicating in noisy situations.
* Will show you how to accommodate your hearing loss while traveling.
* Will empower you through exchange of knowledge, encouragement and the sharing of experiences.
* Will alleviate the despair and isolation of hearing loss through their support.
So What's In It For Me?
* Opportunity to participate in hearing loss issues.
* Information such as Hearing Loss Magazine
* Discounts on many items.
* Participation in activities involving hearing loss.
* Local effort is designed to bring educational programs which will enhance your communication skills.
Please CLICK this link to read about Member Benefits: Member Benefits
* Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA): HLAA
* Kentucky Commission on the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (KCDHH): KCDHH
* Statewide Hearing Aid and Reuse Program (SHARP): SHARP
* Important Guidance Articles (inc. Your Rights and the Law): Guidance
* Other Useful Links: Other Useful Links
Information disseminated by HLAA and its chapters do not necessarily reflect its views or policies, nor should its mention of, or failure to mention, any services, products, or organizations be considered an endorsement or derogation of any such service, products, or organization.